Sunday, August 28, 2005

Finishing the Party Post

Ok, now to finish this story...

The fire got started, and it was great fun sitting around it. I sat with Jason obviously, and it was a nice contented feeling, sitting there, watching the fire, with his arm around me. :-) We all sat and laughed and talked... Someone told a dirty joke, and no one laughed... Then we all laughed at the awkward silence that had followed.

Someone threw a pop can into the fire, and Laura pointed out that they don't burn very well, and I stated that neither do people. (lol)

A little later, Laura was talking with Elias, and Mike I think, about rocks exploding in fire... But I didn't hear the rocks part, just about "exploding" and "in a fire." So I asked them if they were talking about exploding toads... Silly me... Thinking about Girl Scout camp... After the riotous bout of laughter had died down, I explained about the toads that lived in the fire rings at camp, and what sometimes happened to the poor toads... lol

Then Isaac told this really funny story about a joke he played on his drama teacher. I had no idea he would do something that nasty, and mean, but soooooo incredibly funny! It TOTALLY leaves my "Mr. Benzing my cousin died" April Fools joke in the dust!

Eventually Isaac's mom yelled from the house that it was 11:05 pm, and that we should get going... :-( So the fire was left to die, because it was almost dead anyway, and we all sadly tramped up to Isaac's house. All of us pitched in, and cleaned up... I ate some more food, while I helped... :-)

When we were pretty much done, Laura and I decided to leave together, like a moral support type of thing... So we both gave Isaac a hug, wished him good luck, told him to keep in touch, and that we would both miss him very much... Then Laura, Jason, and I left.

Outside, I said good-bye to Laura, and promised her that I would get in touch with her, when I wanted to go see a movie, and she left for home. Then Jason and I just stood there, and leaned against my car... I didn't want to leave... It had been a fun night... So we just stood there, and talked about nothing important really...

Chad came out a little while later, and left, shortly followed by Paul and Alex, and since they were the last two to leave the party, I decided that it was finally time to go... So I hugged Jason, and said good-bye and good-night.

The drive home was uneventful...

Isaac was the last of my friends to leave for college... :-( Now it's just Julia, Jill and I...
_____
"Negative zero... I mean one! No, I mean negative one!" -me at the party, trying to explain what size of pants my sister wears.

For the record, the bruise on my knee is about 3 inches in diameter... Yay tire-swing!

And Mike does a very nice Monty Python French accent. :-D

No comments: