Sunday, November 22, 2009

But who's counting? Oh, wait.

It's been a year and I'm starting over. I don't need to think about last year. I don't need to go back and review all what I was thinking and feeling and blogging. I'm not gonna lie, it's hard not to see that time as a waste or a failure. I guess I can only say that I learned. I suppose that is what is important.

I feel that my heart is finally my own again and my standards are higher than before. I have a better idea of what I want in a man, although I'm afraid that he doesn't exist.

It's like what I tell Jessica... It's just me, Watson and my imaginary boyfriends up here in little Sumner. And she laughs. But she knows what I mean.
_____________

I know that I am a strong, confident woman who is not perfect. I know I can't do everything by myself, although I often insist that I can. I've gotten over the idea that just because one relationship ended does not mean that I am unlovable or not attractive. It's just a matter of time. I just keep reminding myself that it has to be in God's time, not mine.

*sigh*

No comments: