Sunday, November 01, 2009

In which something I wrote is mentioned by a minor YouTube celebrity...

Okay, so I follow this guy named Alex Day on YouTube, because he makes some pretty funny videos, he's a Nerdfighter, and he happens to be the guy who started Time Lord Rock. He's part of a band called Chameleon Circuit.

Last week he made this video:



In which he talked about Nerdfighter personal ads. And I thought. Okay, I'll post a comment. Just for fun! :-) Why not?

So I did:
















If you don't want to click on the picture, this is what I wrote:

Nerdy day-dreamer is bored with ordinary life looking for that special someone to help make her life extraordinary. Must be willing to do crazy, adventurous things that vary from building forts in the living room, learning how to make homemade rootbeer and reenacting scenes from Lord of the Rings while hiking in the country. If you love STAR WARS, Harry Potter and Doctor Who we will get along great! Must enjoy an eclectic selection of music, Broadway, live theatre and unintentional awkwardness.

Yesterday, Alex made this video:



And I was just watching, thinking that all of those were cute, and awesome and funny... AND THEN HE READS PART OF MINE! Out of the 2,017 comments, he picks part of the ad that I came up with to read! Which I think, is pretty freaking cool! (I'm at 1:16, just FYI.)

Ha. :-) That made me really happy, and nerdy and excited. I told Rachel V. I could make a really good Patronus right now, and she said yeah, or I would be able to fly. :-)

1 comment:

scott said...

that is awesome that your comment got mentioned. way to increase awesomeness! I think i will now subscribe to that channel.


conslys