Thursday, September 17, 2009

Birthday List... Updated a little.

Okay, my grandparents where wondering what I wanted for my birthday, so here's a list:

A kitchen utensil rest. (You know, those plate-like things that you set spatulas and spoons on... And no. I don't want to use a plate.)

A desk.

Any kind of shelving unit.

A water filter, that you attach to your faucet.

A big stirring spoon and another spatula.

An electric hand mixer.

A carpet sweeper.

A couch slip cover.

Floor lamps, hanging lamps, pretty much any sort of lighting fixture.

A subscription to the magazine Mental_Floss.

A cookbook... Like one from Better Homes and Gardens or Betty Crocker.

A coffee maker.

A small teflon-lined frying pan.


You can also view my Amazon.com wish list HERE, to get an idea of what other things I would like.

This whole thing is subject to change, but not until after my birthday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Mental Floss. :)

Rae said...

You would also like a 'Rachel Vickers' to keep with you always...

ps. my verification word is 'clentho' which sounds like some sort of mental disorder. "Watch out for him. He's a clentho-maniac."

Sarah said...

Yes, I would very much like a Rachel Vickers for my birthday! :-D

Mmm... I dunno... "Clentho" sounds like something from Doctor Who... Like Chan-Tho from Season 3.

scott said...

you probably don't care, but teflon isn't good, it's going to be outlawed (so to speak) in cook ware in 2015 something about the chemical make up not being good for ingestion

scott said...

http://www.tuberose.com/Teflon.html

to follow up on that las comment.

Sarah said...

What am I supposed to call it then, if not teflon?

scott said...

you don't get teflon, you get a stainless steel frying pan, maybe with a copper bottom if you want to be fancy. The trick is to use oil for cooking, olive oil is healthy among oils if you're worried about that sort of thing, and to keep the pan clean you just have to wash the pan while it's still warm. Comes right out that way, but it's much harder to clean if you don't use oil and you don't clean it right away.

furin