Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Keeping busy...

I had two job interviews over the past two days and so I feel like I have been driving the length and width of Iowa... Lots of filling the car up with gas. :-P

Please keep me and those two jobs in your good thoughts and prayers. :-)

I had about a 4.5 hour drive home this afternoon.... I had a lot of fun cruising the back highways of Iowa, with the windows down, listening to country music and eating sunflower seeds. I passed 5 tractors, and saw at least 30 fields of cows and 10 cemeteries. I also drove along a part of highway labeled "Johnny Carson Blvd." It was awesome. :-)

I *did* get to eat at my favorite sushi place, Taki, last night. It ended up not being so bad that I was lame and by myself. I had fun shamelessly flirting with the waiter. :-)

I have acquired a super lame sunburn and it's to the point where it's really itchy, but really tender. I hope it clears up before Isaac and Laura's wedding...

It's supposed to thunderstorm tonight... That would be cool...

David Tennant is scheduled to be at Comic Con in San Diego at then end of July.... *dies* I wish I could at least AFFORD to go.... I wouldn't even be able to see him though... The event is completely sold out already. But still... Something crazy needs to happen to bring him to Iowa. Or at least Chicago.

Jessica and I have been keeping up our running schedule fairly well, aside from the days when it rains. We've been doing about a mile at a time and today we upped our distance to 1.3 miles. Despite the 80 degree weather and noticeable humidity it was a good run. I've noticed I recover faster (like when I get out of breath) and that is nice--and a sure sign that I am getting in better shape! We plan on running tomorrow morning, as long as it doesn't rain... I am in charge of making that call.

In other news, I recommend this website: Thrift Horror! People post the "treasures" they find at their local second-hand stores... It's highly entertaining!

I have more intriguing things to write, but I feel I need to let them percolate a bit more...



My heart knows a lovely song
It whistles it all day long

If you know the melody
Please whistle it back to me…

2 comments:

Rae said...

*whistles*
I'm Fergus the Ostler!

Sarah said...

You're Whogus the Whatsler?