Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey time!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope it was an enjoyable holiday for all!

I spent a large part of last night making dinner rolls. I ended up doubling the recipe after reading "makes 12 buns." But later I reread what it said and that bit was for if you were using the recipe for hamburger buns. The recipe for rolls made 2 1/2 dozen... I doubled it and made enough dough for potentially 5 dozen rolls... Haha! This is very typical of me baking, so it wasn't a crisis or anything, just funny. I also was covered in flour, which was accentuated by the black sweatshirt I was wearing. I made the rolls a little bit bigger than the recipe suggested. And then I forgot them in the oven for a little too long and they got a littttttle bit brown on top, but NOT burnt.

This morning I watched the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade with Stephen and Philomena, then watched a little of the dog show. The shi-tzu was my favorite... Because it didn't want to walk after the judge examined it. It just alternated between sitting and lying down and refused to run. It was cute. :-)

After that I took a nap while my sibs watched Miracle on 34th Street on TV. Around 4pm we had dinner, all the traditional stuff: turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy, green bean cassarole (which isn't my favorite, but it was there,) jello and dinner rolls. It was great! My parents did a great just making the food, like the mashed pototes and the turkey. Philomena made the jello and that was nice too. :-)

After dinner we played Catch-phrase for a couple rounds. (Mousse Pen? Try gel... haha!) Then Matthew, Daniel, Philomena and I played cribbage. I love that game! It was a lot of fun, with some pretty good hands.

After that I went over to Jessica's and watched Survivor, then 11th Hour. (Which I had never seen before, it was pretty cool!) I ate some of their Thanksgiving leftovers (like we didn't have any here... haha!) We watched a little more random TV before Jessica admitted that she was super tired. (Well, she had stated that earlier in the evening, but this time she actually went to bed and I left.)

Now Mary's watching Doctor Who and I'm blogging and talking online.

Tomorrow Jessica is going with me to brave the Black Friday sales. I want to buy a new pair of jeans... Maybe a new dress suit if I can find something good on sale.

ALSO, tomorrow Luke is coming to visit again and I am super excited. (For real. If you couldn't tell from the previous post.) Nothing too spectacular planned, but that's okay. :-) We'll play it by ear. :-) Eating Thanksgiving leftovers will probably be happening at one point in time. So will Doctor Who watching. I can't wait!

No comments: