Sunday, June 01, 2008

*ramble* Doctor Who *ramble*

Okay, so I just saw the Doctor Who episode The Satan Pit, which is the second half of the Impossible Planet. I had seen The Impossible Planet before, but not the second half. Satan Pit was on our local PBS station tonight, so I finally watched it. It was really good! (It was weird seeing the Ood after seeing The Planet of the Ood... Kind of backwards... Anyway.) Don't ask me how I some how managed to miss this particular episode... I don't know... I just did... I haven't seen the next two either. Or the Rise of the Cybermen and the Age of Steel. That's 4 episodes in season 2 that I missed.... Don't ask me how that happened. I don't know..... I'll just have to get caught up some time.... Ummm. Soon.

ANYWAY!

During the part where the Doctor is down in the pit and looking at this giant scary monster, he was musing about how to get it to talk. And then he said that he was meant to come down there, that that was his intended purpose. That's what the beast wanted. But for what? Why did the beast want the Doctor? And my brain went: "Oh! The beast is chained! It wants the Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver so it can unlock its chains and be free!" and then I realized that that was a dumb idea. Because this beast, whether it's the "devil" or not, has been chained down there for millions of centuries. If the beast couldn't break out of the chains, I'm pretty sure that the Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver couldn't undo them. At least I'd like to think that those chains were the one thing the Sonic Screwdriver couldn't unlock....

And then at the end when the Doctor rescues Rose and everyone else on the rocket as they are getting sucked into the black hole... It was a really happy, YAY! THE DOCTOR SAVES THE DAY moment and I was grinning like an idiot. At the very end when Rose walks back into the TARDIS and she runs up to the Doctor and they hug... Best part of the whole episode. For real. The laugh that the Doctor does as he swings Rose around? It's the "We did it, I missed you, we're back together and now I'm content"-laugh.

Best Doctor laugh ever. :-)

No comments: