Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bleh... :-(

So I spent from roughly 11:15 pm last night to 7 am this morning feeling utterly sick. I even went to bed in the middle of Doctor Who (the Bad Wolf episode... "Pit of piranhas for YOU!") feeling freezing cold, aching all over and feeling very sick to my stomach. I basically laid in bed shaking because I was so cold and I didn't want to move and grab more blankets because that made me feel more ill. Despite being really tired I was also very restless, and anyone who has roomed with me knows that I am pretty violent when I turn over in bed. It's just a habit developed from sleeping under numerous blankets and disliking becoming entangled in them. So THAT didn't help either. :-P Mom came and checked in on me around 2 am and took my temperature, which was 99.9 degrees Fahrenheit. After that I pretty much dozed in and out of sleep. Now I just ache all over. And it's not like "sore from work" type aching either. It's flu type aching. I don't feel sick to my stomach currently, which is an improvement.

But I still feel crappy.

In other news, I ended up not being able to go to the doctor yesterday... I was still working when the clinic closed. But my right eye looks better... I could probably try putting my contacts back in. And my left ear seems a little better.

Thursday, after work Jessica and I went jet-skiing out on the lake. It was pretty insane... There were like, 40 mph winds and no one but us were on the lake. Haha... That should have been a big clue... The lake was seriously white-capping and most of the waves were four feet tall. Jessica and I got incredibly soaking wet. It was hard to see to drive because we were being doused from all sides. One time, while I was driving, the jet-ski hit a wave wrong which caused me to cut the gas, so we dipped and crashed THROUGH a huge wave. It made Jessica and I bonk heads together, which ended up giving me a bit of a headache, and we had water up our noses pretty hardcore. Jessica and I spent a lot of our time, between spluttering and wiping water off of our faces, yelling things like: "THIS IS INSANE!" "AHH! LOOK AT THOSE WAVES!" "ARR! PIRATES!" "NO ONE IS OUT ON THE LAKE! WE'RE GOING TO DIE!" When we got back Jessica's mom asked if we had gone swimming in addition to the jet-ski... We were that wet.

My fingers are stiff. It kind of hurts to bend them. I think it's from work. I wonder if this is what arthritis feels like.

Pirate Queen is closing on Broadway June 17th. It kind of makes me sad, but it makes sense... It didn't get any Tony nominations and its reviews weren't the best... But I got to see it! And I got to talk to Hadley Frasier! WHO WAS IN DOCTOR WHO! :-D :-D :-D

I finally found my NYC journal... It was all packed away... I'll be typing it up soon to post here.

Tony Awards tonight! :-D I'm so freaking EXCITED! Here's who I'm rooting for again, in case any of you forgot.

I'll probably write more later. I'm going to watch this week's episode of Doctor Who.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You! *points*
Get better!
<3 and *hugs*

Anonymous said...

You old woman!!
Stop getting sick all the time!
And tell that body of yours to stop falling apart!!
Arthritis?!?!
Ack.
I command you to feel better so that you can be the happy big sister/best buddy/hard worker/romantic dreamer that you are.
"Pit of HUGS for you!!"
lol.
Love you dear.
Eat some soup and pretend it's from me.
LOVE,
Rae

Matt said...

I've gotten stuck on a jetski in a storm before...that can be fun and hellish, especially when rain hits your face at 50 mph.

Rest in peace, Pirate Queen. I'll set you on fire in a canoe and dance around you. The unfortunate thing is that it'll never be done in community theaters because of all that technical stuff. Maybe they'll come out with a movie version, though.

After all...the Wayans were allowed to make White Chicks, why can't Pirate Queen get greenlighted?