Monday, June 04, 2007

"...My friend the Doctor and me!"

Okay so a couple times today I have wanted to take out my contacts and give my eyes a break... But. For some reason, when I packed my dorm, I took my glasses-in their case- and packed them in a box. And since mom moved all my boxes downstairs into my dungeon I no longer know where they are. How annoying is that?

Work was fine today except we ran out of parts to make ladders after lunch so I did random stuff to look busy.

There's a flu bug that has been going through my siblings and I really hope I don't get it. Mary, Matthew, Daniel and Philomena have all had it. The symptoms are throwing up, sleeping all the time, cramps and achiness. I don't want to be sick, especially that kind of sick. Luckily it only seems to last a day or two. But still. Not much fun.

Yesterday, Jessica and I watched (under my heavy prompting) part of the STAR WARS special on this History Channel. It was flippin' awesome! (Like hotdogs!) This two hour episode in the series covered the "Hero's Journey" and compared Anakin to Luke, and the different rolls of Obi-wan, Yoda, Palpatine, and Qui-Gon in terms of mentors, among other things. Lots of Greek myths... It was very interesting.

I finally watched the Doctor Who episode The Runaway Bride. I hadn't seen it before. I missed it when it was on TV. Catherine Tate did a very good job. I mean, I thought the character of Donna to be rude, loud-mouthed, self-centered and completely oblivious. Oh, and very annoying. But I think that was what she was supposed to come off as. Loud, rude and annoying. But she learned something in the end and I think she became a better person for it. I liked her more at the end, but I'm glad she didn't go with the Doctor. For obvious reasons. But good grief, the Doctor is patient. HOW many times did Donna slap him? Two, three? Haha... I liked it when he made it snow at the end. :-)

... And how about Family of Blood? I really am sad to watch these new episodes alone... There's no one to bounce emotions off of! (RACHEL V.!) I'm also pretty much a looser. I cried throughout the last part of the episode. It was spectacular! I was sad for Joan, and sad for John Smith/the Doctor. And very sad for Martha. I'm very glad she loves him to bits, even though "he doesn't even look at her." I think this episode had some fantastic quotes as well!

"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful." -Tim Latimer

"...Falling in love didn't occur to him?... What sort of a man is that?" -John Smith/Doctor

I rewound the player and watched the last scene in the spaceship, like five times. It made me so happy! The Doctor was back and he FOOLED them! That part was ridiculously awesome! :-D I was grinning like an idiot! (Same with the end of The Doctor Dances.... Grinning from ear to ear... "EVERYBODY LIVES ROSE! JUST THIS ONCE! EVERYBODY LIVES!!!!" I love moments like that... So epic and wonderful!)

The Family was just downright creepy! The actor, Harry Lloyd, who played Baines/Son of Mine was spectacular! REALLY dreadfully creepy! I think it was the half smirk, crazed/intent look he was able to do. Give that man a medal, he rocked!

Tony Awards in a week! :-D

Okay, I'm off to bed so I can get up for work. No boredom here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean my darling!!!
I wish we could have watched 'Family of Blood' together. Then we could have held each other and cried just like 'Doomsday'!!
I also love the 'Everybody lives Rose!!' moment. That's one of my favorites from the 9th doctor. That and "Rose? I'm coming to get you." :D
I put batteries in my TARDIS today!!!
IT'S SOOO COOL!!!!!!!
Even mom was impressed!
I can't wait for you to see it.
I can have David Tennant talk to me any time I want!
When I open the doors he says, "Did you miss me!?"
And I want to yell, "YES!"
HA!
OK.
I"m done.
Wow, this turned out to be long...
Sorry!
Love ya babe!
*hug*
~Rae

Rachel said...

Yay! No boredom! That's always a happy thing. =]
*hug*