Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Rockin'!

Wow two posts in one week? CRAZINESS!

The highlight of today was my iPod, while playing on "shuffle" coming up with "Good-bye My Lover" by James Blunt, on my way to work. The sun was shining and there was mist. It was gorgeous. Then, in the afternoon "Kiss Me" came on the radio, which was warm-fuzzy happiness, and FINALLY the song "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" came on the radio. All that was a very nice breather between Carrie Underwood, PINK, Averil Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson and Reba Mcintyre. Which our particular radio station plays at least twice a day in the 9 hours that we listen to it.

*sing-song voice* Kudos to the person who can tell me how all those songs are related!!!! And I don't mean just by topic/subject matter. *mischievous grin*

The other day I got a letter from Rachel D.! It was a story, complete with pictures, about Doctor Who! :-D I LOVE IT! I might try to scan it and put it up here on my blog, because it's absolutely awesome! I like the idea of my flute teacher at school being a Slitheen in disguise...

Yesterday at work April and I made 205 ladders. Not past our record of 211, but it was still a really good number. Today was a different story. April had to load orders and get them ready, so I ran the ladder machine myself... Except that we ran out of parts before break at 9 am... Which only allowed me to make 35 ladders. Which is quite a number difference! After that I did random things to keep busy. Aside from the few and far between happy points on the radio it was a bit of a long day. I ended up putting in my first official overtime work... I stayed for an hour and a half longer and helped April work on a ridiculously big order. It was too much for one person to do and if I were her, I wouldn't want to stay until 9 pm to finish it alone.

This is a list of things I want to purchase this summer:
A car
A futon
110 in the Shade soundtrack
Curtains soundtrack
The Pirate Queen soundtrack
Doctor Who TV soundtrack
A dresser for my dungeon so I can stop living out of four stupid suitcases... Anyone wanna go garage sale-ing with me?

Too bad more time and a perfect boyfriend can't be bought. :-P

Oh! Last Saturday Jessica and I went to Bash on the Farm and rocked out to Stellar Kart! IT WAS SO COOL! I was FINALLY able to go to Bash... I've missed it each year because of various activities... And we felt really lucky to go see Stellar Kart for free!!!! It was a really awesome time! It's nice to sing along as loud as you can, and know no one can hear you! :-D I need to get Jessica's CD of them before she leaves for China!

Okay, it's time for bed! Early I know, but I have to get up equally early!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...
I don't know if this is what you were thinking, but..
All of those songs have awesome 'Doctor Who' music videos made to them on youtube!!
Everything comes back to The Doctor.
;-D
Love you!!!!
*hug*
~Rae

Sarah said...

Yup! :-) You win!

Anonymous said...

Hehe!
I debated whether or not to answer it so quickly...
But then I figured I was the only one dorky enough to know the answer.
:D
Love ya!
~Rae

Rachel said...

So now when Dominique is in her full-blown criticizing uber mean mode, we can picture the Doctor blowing her Slitheen disguise and shoving her in that glorious pit of piranhas and life will be wonderful =]

Matt said...

SARAH! I'm incensed. Harry Potter has been studying wizardry for what, now, six years? He should know more than 8 spells. I'm not pulling punches this time, if he uses Lumos or Alohamora against another SOUL EATING BEAST or a playground parlor trick against a servant of the damn DARK LORD one more time, I'm going to have the National Education Administration revoke that hippie school's license.

Congratulations, here's your diploma, now go lift minor objects and unlock a few doors. Come back to wizard graduate school and we'll teach you how to make water disappear from an uncovered glass over a period of a few days.

Matt said...

Granted, ALL the spells would be a bit much, but let me just put this out there: In the Goblet of Fire, replace "Acchio Firebolt" with "Acchio the Death Star."


Ahhh? Think about it.


My heart just fluttered a little.

Matt said...

Acchio TARDIS.

Yes. That's right. Mmmmmm... :)

Laura said...

Matt.
I don't know you, but I think you're awesome. That is all.
Sarah's friend Laura