Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A short little day maker...

So today in fourth grade we were learning some basic rounds---One Bottle o' Pop, Down by the Station etc... And I was having the students sing along with me plunking out the melody on the piano. We got done and I finished playing and one my students puts down is lyric sheet and looks at me and says, "Wow Ms. S--! You're like.... I dunno... the QUEEN of playing the piano!"

And he wasn't patronizing me... I don't know what it was about me playing one handed... But if that's what it takes to impress a student I'll take it. The genuine comment definitely made me smile though... Because I very frequently wish my piano skills were better. I feel like I'm limiting myself as a music educator--at least right now when I'm teaching elementary music. That and guitar. Guitar would be helpful too.

Tomorrow we are learning THIS song:



Next week we are studying THIS:



No comments: