Monday, May 24, 2010

It's not even June yet...

First of all, I am reliving my freshmen dorm experience. It is very hot inside my house. I went and bought another fan today... It helps a little. ALL the windows are open and the blinds over the big picture window are drawn. Tonight there is no breeze. Watson is panting. You know it's hot when a cat pants. I've been leaving the fan on for him, to help move air as well as leaving out extra water and giving him access to the bathroom, since the bathtub stays pretty cool.

This weather also reminds me of when I worked at camp, and how humid, hot, sticky and uncomfortable that all is...

Also, the microwave my landlord had with the house died. It shot blue sparks and then set a bowl of chocolate chips on fire. All in 45 seconds. So in addition to my new fan, I have purchased a new 900 watt microwave. I hope it makes popcorn better than the old one. There's an ulterior motive to purchasing a new microwave so soon... (Because I really don't have the funds to spare) my only other method of cooking/warming up food is my stove and/or oven... Uhhhhhhh..... No.

Something else is I have landed a small roll in Waterloo Community Theatre's Production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I have a small, small chorus part... But my rehearsal schedule... Is insane... I literally have rehearsal scheduled from Tuesday, May 25th to the last show on July 31st. AND practices are scheduled on average from 7pm to 10:30pm. Now, that is the BLOCK of time that is set aside... Each week we get a specific schedule that tells us WHAT is being rehearsed and WHAT specific time each cast member/group needs to be there. But still... I have something every night... And I miss every Friday and Saturday night rehearsal because I waitress... Which is of COURSE the night they schedule a dance scene that I get to.... Um, stand in.

.... I'm not complaining..... It's just different. And I'm new, and in theatre you have work your way up and show what you can do.... So by-golly! I will do my best and work hard! Rawr!

... And probably get a lot of summer reading done....

It looks like I won't get to visit home for a long time until August... :-( Unless rehearsal gets canceled.

I'm sorry Jessica! I'm not purposely ditching you!!!! Now I feel I can legitimately join the Facebook group "I can't, I have rehearsal."

Tomorrow is my last day teaching for the year. Wednesday we have in-service and then I am done... Done with my first year of teaching... How weird is THAT to think about???

Rachel D. comes back from England on Wednesday! It looks like she's been having a lot of fun! She graduates on Sunday! YAY!!!!

Jessica and I just want and saw Alice in Wonderland! IT WAS SO COOL! I really, really, really liked it! I really enjoyed all the references between real life and Wonderland. :-) Johnny Depp is brilliant and I looooooved the Cheshire Cat's luminescent stripes. I do find it amusing that comes on DVD next Tuesday and I just saw it in the theatre.

Oh! And next week I am the music director for Immaculate Conception's week-long VBS program. I need to also finish up stuff for that...

Busy, busy, busy...

Well, I'm going to go to sleep... Or just lay there in bed and melt away...

No comments: