Monday, January 25, 2010

Mac & Cheese deliciousness...

Okay, so once again a decent blog post is high overdue. I have things to say, it's just that when I come home from work, it's more tempting to play some School of Wizardry on Facebook (curse you Mary for getting me hooked!) and then watch a movie. Or try and catch up on TV via the interwebz.

So I'm back at school now. Unfortunately we have yet to have a full "normal" week of school. Due to weather and MLK day Tripoli, like many schools in Iowa have yet to complete a full week of school. We got out at noon today and I fulfilled my customary "rest of the day off" routine -- check out movies from the library and stop at the grocery story for things I'm need, like milk and hamburger. (I'll get back to that in a minute.) This afternoon I wrote a lesson plan and watched How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days. Tomorrow school is already delayed 2 hours. Which doesn't affect the time I go in to school... NORMALLY. Unfortunately tomorrow happens to be the day I re-rescheduled for the morning meeting for the senior play. Yes. It was the third time I've rescheduled, due to weather! How crazy is that???? :-P

Last week we had a half day on Monday because of MLK day, Tuesday was a delay, Wednesday an early out, Thursday a delay and Friday was the first full day of the week. Oh, and in case you didn't notice, or you read this and you're not from Iowa, it was FOGGY all last week! I saw the teeeeensiest bit of the sun this afternoon, through the clouds, but that doesn't count. Tomorrow is SUPPOSEDLY going to be mostly sunny. But we'll see.

Okay, so last Wednesday, in a fit of nostalgia I decided to try and make some homemade macaroni and cheese. I had some bow-tie noodles and a bunch of American cheese to use up... I *thought* I could make some like mom used to make. Well. I was wrong. In a very disgusting and bland way. I managed to eat ONE bowl and that was it. Which posed a problem. What do I do with the giant bowl of the REST of it??? I have no money, I shouldn't throw it away... So I stashed it... And thought of how to put it INTO something to make it at least palatable.

And I succeeded. In fact, the concoction I have made turned out to be incredibly delicious! (And I am feeling very smug about this...) I did a layer of tostitos chips, then the failed macaroni, covered with salsa, then hamburger then shredded cheese.... And my friends... It is sooooo gooooooood! I'm glad that I didn't throw it away!

I've started my 5th bag of Brach's Conversation Hearts, just in case anyone was wondering... :-)

Watson is doing just fine. He's still a turd, but he keeps life interesting. Especially when he does things like talk to the toilet (it wasn't even running) or staring at the wall while touching it intermittantly with his paw. (Both true.) I took some really good pictures of him last night, but for some reason my camera is refusing to upload them. :-P Rachel V. stopped by two weeks ago, on her way back to Minneapolis and she had her cat Pippin with her, so it was a fun/interesting time watching Watson and Pip interact. Pippin is 4 months older than Watson and you can tell he's going to be a big cat. But Watson is definately louder than Pippin, so in the end they were pretty evenly matched. By the end of the night they were getting along fairly well and we didn't have to keep an eye on them 110% of the time. That weekend Emily came up and stayed too and after we picked up Rachel D. we all went and saw The Princess and the Frog, which was SO FUN! I really enjoyed that movie! The villain, Dr. Facillier was so delightfully creepy and entertaining. I love 2D hand-drawn animation!

Movies I am excited for:
Toy Story 3
Alice in Wonderland
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Eclipse
Robin Hood
Iron Man 2
How to Train Your Dragon
Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief
Disney's Rapunzel

Stuff I'm interested in seeing, but leery:
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
X-MEN Origins: Magnito
Shrek goes Fourth
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Hobbit
Spiderman 4

The next full day we have off from school I am going to try and marathon Lord of the Rings again. :-)

Well, there ya go, folks! Consider yourself updated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking today: "Sarah, the Rachels, and I never managed to schedule that LOTR: Extended Edition marathon...we should do that sometime..."

Too bad that if you're home from school, there's little chance I'm gonna make it there...

Daniel said...

you wrote "shrek goes fourth" twice

Mary said...

BAhahaahahahahaha HA hahahahaha! my work here is done.