Thursday, July 30, 2009

House Pictures! (Click to make them bigger.)

Okay, this is what I have for now... In terms of pictures of my house. I have more, but they're along the lines of "this was here before I moved in" and not very interesting.




















The outside of my house. That's the front door and the side door on the right. It's yellow, but it looks kind of white in this picture.


















This is the porch, filled with all the stuff we brought to begin cleaning. The lady who owned the house before me had her own beauty parlour and this was where it was. I don't know why she used red all-purpose outdoor carpet. Or why she carpeted it half up the wall. (Which you can't really see in this picture. But yeah.)


















This is my living room, looking through to the dining room and kitchen. The chair and TV will be hauled out. I'm ditching the pink curtains.


















Part of my kitchen. The window looks out to the top of my garage and the city garages and skate park.

























My teeny gas stove. It's kind of cute. To the left goes to a random room. It was damaged by the flood last year. That's also where the other not-working bathroom is. We think it used to be a garage. The side door is in there too. Before you get to the random room, if you turn right, you will descend into the creepy basement.



These pics are from yesterday:



















Jessica pouring the paint for the living room. It's called "warm shawl" but that isn't very descriptive. It's a sea-foam green color.

























It's my house, so I got the first honors of starting the whole process. I rollered and Jessica did ALL the trim!

























Ta-dah!!!! 6 hours later, it's done and looks BEAUTIFUL!

























Jessica wanted to paint the bathroom herself, and not let me see until it was done. This was the picture she took of the action. :-) The bathroom color was called "iceberg" but it's more of a light aquamarine. (And it dries a little darker than it looks in this picture.) I really like it!

I don't have pictures of the dining room color, but that is in the process of being painted a lovely sunflower yellow. (Called "carried away.") I suppose I'll have to take some of those and post it too. :-) The kitchen and the two bedrooms are going to be painted white. Boring, I know, but the kitchen actually doesn't have a lot of real wall to paint. A lot of it is plastic counter-like stuff. And since you can see through the house from the living room to the kitchen, that'd be ANOTHER color I'd have to coordinate. And white bedroom walls. Well, let's face it. They're going to be covered in posters anyway. Especially the bedroom I'm taking... Which it's vintage wood paneling. Joy. :-) Posters will be EVERYWHERE!

Upon discussing the utter creepiness of my basement with Jessica, I have decided to act like the Dursleys and treat my basement like Harry Potter. Translation: Maybe if I ignore it, it doesn't exist. Hopefully I don't have to go down there... Like. Ever.

Okay, I'm exhausted... Time for bed!!!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Sarah! I love your house and the colors you picked! It's so cute!!!
~Anna

Lyssa said...

What a cut house Sarah! Decorating and painting can be tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, havn't talked to your forever!! Love the house, its awesome! Ohhh..me and my other cousin (on my mom's side) were just discussing creepy basements yesterday. She recently got her own house too, and her basement sounds just like yours!! She refuses to go down there she says...

~Alicia