Saturday, March 22, 2008

Something that reminds me that I live in Iowa...















I don't know why exactly I find this picture so hilarious... Maybe it's because my dad is a game warden... Maybe it's because I live in Iowa and deer are EVERYWHERE. Maybe it's both. But I love this picture!

ALSO, I found this on wikipedia today.... Because I'm a nerd and look up random stuff while I'm supposed to be doing homework....


U.S. Justice

In 1971, Gerald Mayo brought a civil rights action in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania against Satan and his servants who allegedly placed deliberate obstacles in Mayo's path and caused Mayo's downfall. In this U.S. court's written opinion, the court did not deny the existence of Satan; rather, the court asserted that it was unlikely that Satan was ever present in the geographic area included in the Western District of Pennsylvania, stating, "We question whether plaintiff may obtain personal jurisdiction over the defendant in this judicial district." In what was clearly a jocular reference to The Devil and Daniel Webster, the court implied that Satan might live in New Hampshire, stating, "While the official reports disclose no case where this defendant has appeared as defendant there is an unofficial account of a trial in New Hampshire where this defendant filed an action of mortgage foreclosure as plaintiff." This appears to be the only published legal case in the United States regarding the existence of Satan and, at present, the United States' official position would seem to be that Satan may exist and, if so, Satan might be found in New Hampshire.



Bwaahahahaha! Got that? Satan might be found in New Hampshire..... Too bad I don't know anyone from there... I could ask if they've seen him...

No comments: