Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This is my celebration face...

Okay so I went to take the Praxis today. Margie was kind enough to be able to give me a ride so I was able to make it to the UNI campus. Like most things in my life it was an adventure...

I started off by being dropped off at the wrong building (Which was my fault. I wanted the old "East Gym" building, and I was at the West Gym.) I wandered around the area for a minute before standing still, trying to read my map and calling the building for directions. Then God went "Here Sarah, this person will take you where you need to go. Hurry up and get to your test!" And then this older lady walked up to me and asked me if I was lost. And I said YES! (And said "Thank-you God!" in my head.) I showed her on my little map where I needed to be and she said that her office was very near to the building I needed to get to and that she would walk me there. So she took me to the East Gym, and led me to the office where I needed to check in, right on time. I thanked her profusely and she went on her way.

Best thing to happen ever. I would have had no clue what way to go!

So I took the PRAXIS (which is basically a teacher competency exam. I need it to get into some of my upper level classes.) Standard brain-draining computerized test. Made it within the times on all the sections and got done at 4 instead of 4:30 like I was thinking! w00t!

The test was over reading, mathematics and writing. I was really glad mom helped me study and review the math because it helped a lot!

I don't know my total score, or my score for the writing section, because the essay has to be graded by hand.

BUT!

I do know my reading and math scores!

A score of 170 will allow you to pass the test and I scored 178 on my reading and 175 on my math!


YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :-D

I PASSED!


AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :-D

I kind of scraped by, but STILL!

I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE THEM AGAIN! AHHHHHH! :-D

*happy dance*

Thanks to everyone who prayed for me and wished me good luck! It helped!

One more cause of stress to check off the list! w00t!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...
I'm wondering where that little old lady was the night we went driving around Cedar Falls for a half hour trying to find the movie theatre....
;-)
~Rae

Sarah said...

Haha, well, I needed my contacts not my glasses... I couldn't see, remember?

Anonymous said...

Sure...You can blame the glasses, but where does that leave me?! I could see fine, and I was STILL no help!
:D
~Rae