Sunday, August 12, 2007

Quickie

1. Surprise, surprise. I have pink eye again. In BOTH of my eyes. But my right is worse then my left. The left is the gunky one, and the right is the light-sensitive one. I'm so glad my eyes have both symptoms individually covered. For what it's worth, they ARE better then they were this morning.

2. I went futon shopping with my mom this afternoon! It looks like I'll be buying one from Shopko for a total of about $150.00. Good sturdy wire frame, and 6" spring mattress. And the frame has those bar things on the front to keep the mattress from sliding down. Score!

3. I saw STARDUST today with my friend Jill, who a.) I haven't seen all summer and b.) just got her wisdom teeth out Thursday. We both enjoyed the movie completely despite the fact that her face was still a little swollen and I'm in my glasses for reasons stated in #1. Stardust = total awesome-ness! I LOVED IT! Go see it! :-D

4. I still haven't had time to read the new Stephanie Meyer novel, Eclipse despite the fact that I bought it last Tuesday. :-(

5. Still looking for a car.

6. I have two weeks left at work and yesterday was my last Saturday! No more having to get up at 4:45 am to have enough time to drive to work! YEAH! :-D

7. I bought an awesome floor lamp for the dorm. It has 5 adjustable lights. But I might take it back... Target's ad had a similar light, with 60 watt bulbs (instead of 25) on sale for $10 as opposed to the $20 I just paid for this one.

8. I bought a Pirates of the Caribbean wall clock! Pictured blow:














Yes it is made of plastic. Yes it cost only $10.99. But I don't care. I think it flippin' rocks! :-D

9. I went to my first ever rodeo last night. I was kind of dubious about it at first, but it ended up being really fun! April, a coworker invited me along with her and we had a good time!

10. I need to call Leah about room furnishings... Mostly about who's bringing the TV and if she got a new microwave.

11. I am going to the Iowa State Fair on Saturday! A time to eat lots of delicious greasy food! I'm looking forward to the Porkchop-on-a-stick, Dippin' Dots and perhaps a deep-fried Oreo or Snickers.

12. I just spent 2 hours writing up my birthday/Christmas list for my grandparents... I hope I sent it to the right email address. (Two hours because I was distracted by many other things.)

13. I miss my flute, which is at the flute doctor. The long over-due check-up/overhaul is scheduled for the 23rd. If it costs less than $500, I will be very happy. But I doubt it.

14. I AM BEING DRIVEN INSANE BY COUNTRY MUSIC! I hate it with every fiber of my being! I have to listen to it for 9 hours a day, 5 days a week! AHHHHHHHHHH! I am so tired of the radio in general. I am starting to wish for a talk radio station... At least that would be something different to listen to each day.

15. That is all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww hon.
I'm sorry.
It sucks that you have pink eye.
Again.
I'm sending you great big awesome, non-infectable e-hugs.
*HHHUUUUUUUGGGGGSSSSSSS!*
:D
And lovin' you a lot from afar.
Sorry you have to listen to country music every day...
Think of it as just building up knowledge for the next time you get to play 'Encore'. ;)
I love you lots and lots and lots, and can't wait to see you again.
Great big 'sorry you're sick' hugs,
Rae

scott said...

I am sad for you because you have pink eye, and I like your new clock, but I don't sympathize with your dislike of the radio and country music. I happen to like the radio very much, I like the randomness of it. And I like country, mainstream (like kiss FM stuff), rap, Christian, classic rock, good time oldies, even classical or talk show style radio stations. Although, I will admit I tend to listen Kiss the most.

I didn't know you were looking for a car... ? Good luck, hope you find somethin good.