Monday, September 22, 2008

He kept a shop in London town....

So I really need to get to bed, but I just had to quickly blog about the total AWESOMENESS that was SWEENEY TODD that the Rachels and I just saw at UNI's Gallagher-Bluedorn Theatre... So freaking spectacular! It was the revival where the actors are also the orchestra and if you have not seen a show like this, it is a totally new theatarical experience. I was pretty much grinning like an idiot throughout the whole show. I am so morbid.

Our seats were in the 3rd balcony, so at intermission we moved to the second row of the main floor. Like 5 feet from the stage. It was sooooooooooooo amazing! Literally, if you can't see the spit fly from the actor's mouths you're not sitting close enough. (Which is why we moved at intermission.) I tried finding out how to get tickets for those seats online, (just to compare prices) but you can't buy those seats. I think they are for season ticket holders. (Mwahahaha.)

After the show, this is a conversation Rachel D. and I had:

Me: OH MY GOSH DID YOU SEE THE SPIT???
Rachel D. : YES! IT WAS SO COOL!
Me: I LIVE FOR THE SPIT!



Okay, I need to get to bed. But for real. The show was amazing. I've never been so happy after a show so morbid. Stephen Sondheim is a genius I tell you. A GENIUS!




And DON'T say anything about the movie! There is no comparison. Go see the stage show. The movie version of Sweeney Todd should have never been made.

No comments: